Stock of the Month January 2010

The best performing stock this month is ONP (Orient Paper Inc.). ONP engages in the production and distribution of paper and paper products in China.

Best stock for January 2010

Learn how to get buy and sell signals on ONP and other great stocks here.

Comments

18 Responses to “Stock of the Month January 2010”

1. Terry on January 12th, 2010 2:16 am

Is Citigroup(C) a good buy now?

Thank you.

2. shahram tajlili on January 20th, 2010 3:14 pm

I have followed your site for couple of months and you could earn my trust, so as soon as you posted ONP as best of Jan, I put my money on that.

But apparently, this stock is sky diving and free falling.

I lost a lot but I am wondering why you still post this stock as the best!!!!

I am frustrated of your site.

3. Evan on January 20th, 2010 6:27 pm

Not in my opinion. In fact, I just sold all my Citi shares today.

4. admin on January 20th, 2010 7:02 pm

shahram, the stock of the month is a free service and do not come with buy and sell signals. It is the best stock to buy (according to out system) at the time it is posted on the web site but we will not post here when it’s time to sell it. This is part of our paid service, our paid subscribers receive exact buy AND sell signals for all the stocks in our portfolio.

5. admin on January 20th, 2010 7:03 pm

Terry, Citigroup is not on our buy list.

6. Brian on January 25th, 2010 2:39 pm

Should I buy brk-b now after the split?

7. mov chin on February 19th, 2010 9:58 pm

i like to learn how to invest on stock market.

8. connie vercher on March 9th, 2010 8:26 pm

I want to know more about stocks…can some one please help..?

9. gama on April 23rd, 2010 7:14 pm

i think stocks like north american engry, western coal, i am gold, Sysco corp, canada lithium corp., pinetree capital, any timber stocks have great potiential in the future….Citi group did awsome in the first 1/4 and i can see they have guts to do better in near future.

10. Bryce on June 9th, 2010 10:26 pm

You guys are fake
    If you don’t believe me go on Google Finance and check this stockhere is the link
    see ya
    Stock Brokers of America

11. admin on June 29th, 2010 9:50 am

Bryce, not wanting to be rude (like you are) but you certainly learned in school that time is a variable and January 2010 is not the same as June 2010 and it’s absolutely normal that a stock price and chart change over a 6 months period… This is reality and reality is not fake when it come to exact science. You are 6 months older now compared to January 2010 and you can’t fake that…

12. Thomas on October 21st, 2010 3:06 am

I saw your pick of ONP as the Hot Stock of the Month in Jan 2010 and it’s done nothing but suck air since then. Reflects admin’s comment and the bromide that “past performance is not an indicator of future performance.” How about telling us what the Hot Stock of Next Month will be?

13. home buyer rebates on November 20th, 2010 11:11 pm

time to buy ONP? it is at 5 now

14. Jess on January 9th, 2011 1:53 pm

To all,

Look at stockcharts.com and you’ll see the 50 day MA is getting closer to the 200 MA. If a golden cross forms I’m in. This has potential and I’m putting it in my watch list.

15. frustrated student on March 7th, 2011 10:39 am

im frustrated with my teacher right now. he just assigned a lengthy assignment and i need some help. I have to find the best company to stock with right now. Please post some companies.

16. Will on March 15th, 2011 10:10 pm

Hi, I’m a student/first time stock investor looking for some good buys. Would love it if you could help out

17. Mike on April 9th, 2011 2:31 pm

what a joke 50% lost

18. admin on April 10th, 2011 10:26 am

‘what a joke 50% lost’

Those are not buy and hold stocks. The Best Stock of the Month is a great performing stock at the time of posting but you should have a well defined ‘get out’ strategy or subscribe to our paid service and get exact buy/sell alerts. Posting here 15 months later that the stock lost 50% make no sens…

This is why I stopped posting those picks for months because of people with no trading plan at all just buy them and hold them for 15 months or more…

Got something to say?